Camira Dental is committed to keeping your personal information private and confidential.
Information such as past and present health issues, clinical notes, personal details and dental x-rays are a part of your confidential records. As a health provider we have professional and ethical obligations as of the privacy act 1988 to protect your privacy and keep your personal information confidential.
1. Information we collect – we only collect what is necessary and needed to provide our dental services within our dental practice.
• Age and date of birth
• Contact details
• Dental history and previous dentist (if applicable)
• Medical history
• Details of your current health and medications
• Health insurance details
• Medicare details
2. How information is collected – we may collect this information in a number of ways.
• Completing a medical history form
• Provide information verbally to your dentist
• We may collect information through HICAPS or Medicare
• Information can be collected from a previous dentist if the patient has organised this to happen
3. How we use your information – We may send you a SMS, email or a phone call to confirm or remind you of an appointment. Your medical details are used so we can provide you with adequate and safe dental care when you visit our practice. All details shared with our practice staff are private and confidential.